Marine-i Accelerates Development of Innovative Accession Class USV
The next generation of Unmanned Surface Vessels (USVs), the Accession Class from Unmanned Survey Solutions, has been given the green light thanks to a grant from Marine-i.
The Accession Class next generation USV is a much larger vessel for use in the open ocean.
Designed for use by the Offshore industries and with the ability to operate long endurance applications in the open sea. It will work as a force multiplier with a mother vessel and will integrate increased payloads to provide the launch and recovery of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs).
The applications of the Accession Class will include:
· Offshore Wind Farm seabed mapping using Multi Beam Echo Sounders
· Offshore Wind Farm turbine inspections using a UAV launched and recovered from a USV
· enforcement activities by Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authorities using combined USV and UAV capabilities
· Environmental mapping on intertidal areas using combined SONAR and laser payloads
· Monitoring of marine mammals
USS is now looking for project partners in Offshore Renewables to work with them to help guide specifications for the new vessel. Get in touch with James Williams at USS for more information: email@example.com